IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Games
15 - 18 December 2008
Welcome to the home-page of the 2008 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Games. Please use the menu on the right to navigate around this web-site.
- three world-class keynote speakers: Jonathan Schaeffer from the University of Alberta, Penny Sweetser from 2K Games, and Jason Hutchens from Interzone Games;
- free introductory tutorials by Simon Lucas, Bobby Bryant, Georgios Yannakakis and Julian Togelius;
- special sessions in four emerging areas: Computational Intelligence in Real Time Strategy Games, Player Satisfaction, Coevolution in Games, and Player/Opponent Modeling;
- presentations of fifty three high quality, peer reviewed papers from leading experts in the field; and
- a number of exciting competitions that showcase the application of computational intelligence techniques in games, including the 2008 2K Bot Prize with a prize valued at $10,000!
The symposium is now over.
As a permanent record of the event, available from this web-site are:
Nathan Wirth and Marcus Gallagher, An Influence Map Model for Playing Ms. Pac-Man
Best Student Paper
Yasuhiro Osaki, Kazutomo Shibahara, Yasuhiro Tajima, and Yoshiyuki Kotani, An Othello Evaluation Function Based on Temporal Difference Learning Using Probability of Winning
21st Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI'08), 1-5 December 2008, Auckland, New Zealand.
7th International Conference on Simulated Evolution and Learning (SEAL'08), 7-10 December 2008, Melbourne, Australia.
Foundations of Digital Games, 26-30 April 2009, Florida, USA.
CIG 2009, 7-10 September 2009, Milan, Italy.